Garrett Liam States is one of America’s most respected and experienced singing and acting coaches. His wealth and breadth of performances enable him to bring world class vocal techniques to the St. Louis area. These experiences, in addition to his extensive coaching and directing career, allow Garrett’s students to learn in an unparalleled professional setting.
Such experiences include:
- Serving as the youngest baritone to solo with the St. Louis Symphony
- A special invitation from the Italian Government to perform at the 2001 Puccini Festival
- Concert work throughout Germany, Switzerland and Austria
- Teaching experiences in Vienna and throughout Italy
- An extensive Sound of Music tour with Marie Osmond in Hong Kong, Singapore and Bangkok
- A special invitation to sing at the National Symphonic Ball at the Kennedy Center in Washington D.C.
- Training at the MET Studios in NYC with John Reardon
- Masters classes with opera greats Pavarotti, Sutherland, Horne, Milnes and others
- Current projects in Ireland
Garrett currently coaches vocal teachings of jazz, opera and musical theater, ages 10 and up.
His students range from aspiring young professionals to students ready for ongoing coaching for upcoming productions, auditions and performances. In addition to teaching master techniques, Garrett’s lessons include teaching students how to be directable and how to prepare themselves for future endeavors. His extensive experiences allow him to serve as one of the highest quality singing coach in St. Louis.
“When a singer truly feels and experiences what the music is all about, the words will automatically
ring true.” -Montserrat Caballe